This week (let's be honest, I mean the past six) have been hard on my diet or lack of. My lone exercise partner Ginger moved off to the great unknown and therefore I haven't exerted any amount of energy besides the heavy lifting that occurred Saturday while loading up our "Pod" (another story for another time). Really friends, this post is about to go from cohesive (kinda??) to rammblinggg in a big bad way. This is how it all started.
1. We ran the 1/2 back in March.
2. I took a break from running.... that continues today.
3. Ginger moved away = no more friends guilting me into Gillian dvd's or running up hills.
4. Swimsuit season doesn't really matter when you have a job and you can't lay out like ever...
5. Brady cancelled our TV = lots of "movie nights" which then equal popcorn, wine, ice cream...
6. Which also equals us watching "Fat, Sick, and Almost Dead" documentary about juicing.
7. Andddd here we are today.....
Today I decided I would start making smoothies for breakfast and eating/ drinking a smoothie for lunch with an added vegetable and hummus side so I don't die. Because you would totally die if you only ate fruits and veggies for the first two meals of each day. :)
My makeshift smoothie recipe:
I layer these items in order:
Cup of ice
Frozen berries or peaches
Strawberries with tops left ON
Spinach or kale
Two tablespoons Flax seed
Orange juice or fat free milk (about a 1/2 cup)
And then you blend. Duh. And it's yummy. This morning I didn't have any bananas so I put a small cup of greek yogurt for creaminess and added protein. I drank half for breakfast and saved the other for lunch. Yummy!