Enter your cast of characters:
- Green bell pepper (1), chopped
- Yellow onion (1), chopped
- Organic chicken breasts (2)
- Green Giant steam crisp Mexicorn
- Crushed tomatoes (not brand specific)
- Bushs black beans
- Bushs chili beans
- Rotel Chili Fixins (get the chili fixins kind!!)
- Chili powder (1 tbsp)
- Cumin (1 tbsp)
- Garlic powder (1 tbsp)
- Red pepper flakes (1 tbsp)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Ground black pepper (1tsp)
Throw everything into the crock pot in that order.. then stir. So really you don't have to do in that order- I'm just bossy and like to tell people what to do. :) Put on high for 5-6 hours or you can do low for 8-10. I did high because I made this on my lunch break..
And this is what it looks like when it is done. Super yummy and will make your husband so very happy. Shred up the chicken a bit with a spoon and fork and then ladle into a very large bowl. Top with a bit of freshly grated cheddar and some whole wheat tortillas and inhale.
Make this tonight.. or tomorrow. Your tummy and your waistline will love you. Notice I didn't have to use any oil, butter or plain ole' lard to make this delish.
Paleo fo' life! HA- yeah right.. who am I kidding? I followed this dinner with two glasses of wine and some Haagen Daz.