You know how I alwaysss wait until the week I am expecting company to get my projects done? This week that happened and I completely manhandled the task. Sarah = 1 point, Projects = conquered.
1. Excited about the lamps that I turned from this:
|And you would never know that the box of one of these lamps is busted.|
Of course nothing is ever as it seems. These beauties were getting a fresh coat of spray paint on Wednesday and with the ridiculously bitter cold that we have been experiencing lately, I was wearing a large coat and the tail of that said coat caught the edge of the lamp and knocked it over. Shattered. Bang! all over our driveway. I don't have to tell you just how PISSED at myself and my stupidity and of course the damn weather. I blame the weather because blaming myself is just too painful. Nothing a bit of liquid nails and some perseverance can't fix though!
2. Loving these new vases I picked up at our local Sofa Mart. Yes, sofa mart sells accessories and sells them for CHEAP! These were on sale and I snagged both for $16.
3. I was all about the chairs this week.
Bar stools before:
Bistro chairs before:
|The breakfast nook is slowly getting there! A new table, pair of chairs and painting are help add some life and color to an otherwise BROWN kitchen.|
4. The accents really make the whole room. Who woulda thought that $4 ferns and one throw pillow could make such a difference in the look and feel of our living room?
|This pillow makes the room in by opinion. It links the navy lamps and the pink breakfast chairs to the blues, pinks, and limes in our Kilim Rug, bringing the whole room together!|
5. Last but not least, I can't leave out my super efficient helpers with whom I couldn't have gotten any of these projects completed without .
|The man of my dreams (who is also quite handy with a skillsaw)|
And the lazy one.. Acting like he doesn't LOVE the tape measure.